Thursday, June 17, 2010

On Cloud Nine...it's just a frame :P

Sooo excited!  I came down the street yesterday to see wood sticking up from our block and my heart skipped a beat, haha!  I wanted to get out of the car and jump up and down and say thank you, thank you for finally starting my house.  But I didn't...I mean they just started the framework yesterday, who am I to distract them from their hard work.  So, I took the kids for a walk this morning...living 2km from our block is horrible because I want to go over there ALL the time!  No one was on site when we got there...maybe because of all the rain we had overnight but it isn't raining at all now.  I couldn't stay long because there were nails everywhere and very dangerous for the kids to be running around.  I clicked a few photos, whilst a man from Energex pulled up and started doing some work, we exchanged a few words but I didn't ask him exactly what he was doing.

I did a quick walk through and I can now imagine all the rooms and their sizes, where all the windows and door will be. YAY!  I also realized that we are not done with our retaining...really to make the parts of yard we do have usable we're going to have to cut a little, fill and retain a little more...sigh.

Here's the proof...

The front door
The garage
The alfresco with sliding doors on both sides
Looking from the back, figuring out how we will use this odd yard space.  Ours is basically what is the dirt and the grass is the boundry line.
And our other yard space, will have to cut all that out to the left side to make flat and useable

No comments: